Sunday, March 4, 2012

Boy/Girl Twin Nursery

Designing my nursery for my boy/girl twins was one of the most fun projects I've worked on. I knew I wanted something special, something a little sophistocated, and something beautiful. I began with a gray and yellow palette in mind; they are beautiful gender neutral colors. I wanted to add pops of Tiffany Blue and Magenta as well. Here is the design concept board I came up with:
The nursery. All ready for our prince and princess.
We painted the walls yellow, then applied a metallic silver trellis stencil purchased here.
Ceiling stripes: Sherwin Williams Eider White and Sherwin Williams Mindful Gray. The chandelier was an absolute steal purchased here.
A great way to add unique flair to a dresser: Remove the hardware and add new ones. They don't all have to be matching, just coordinate with pieces in the room. I painted a bird cage white and used it as a bow and tie holder.
The fabric is Amy Butler from her Midwest Modern line. The custom bedding, changing pad, and diaper stacker were created by Lynda S. Kummer, who happens to be my mother. (Lucky for me!) She does amazing work and perfectly executed my vision. Because I am very particular and couldn't find mobiles I loved, I made my own butterfly and dragonfly orb mobiles. I framed prints of "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine" and "You make me happy when skies are gray".
One last room shot:
And because I couldn't resist... Meet Bryson and Adrie:

No comments:

Post a Comment